With hefty fines possible, data center managers need to make sure they are on board with the United States Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). HIPAA establishes mandatory regulations that require extensive changes to the way that health providers conduct business which quickly trickles down to IT pros everywhere. Non-compliance may result in large fines and the loss of a job. Check out these top tips to make sure you're doing everything right.
- How to (really) address HIPAA
- Q&A: HIPAA-related policies and regulation enforcement
- HIPAA security rules broken down
- Strategic IT planning for compliance and beyond
- Instilling a HIPAA mindset
See something we missed? Have your own questions? Ask our Expert and pose your own question.