- After reading the question, click on the answer that you think is correct to go to the whatis.com definition. If the answer you've chosen is correct, you will see the question text (or a paraphrase of it) somewhere in the definition.
- After reading the question, write down the letter of your answer choice on scrap paper. Check your answers by using the answer key at the end of the quiz, where you'll also find additional resources related to the correct answer.
1. This is a document that states in writing how a company plans to protect the company's physical and IT assets.
b. security policy
2. This is a type of security management system for computers and networks.
a. intrusion detection
c. Common Information Model
d. eye-in-hand system
3. This is a self-managing computing model patterned after the human body's nervous system.
a. organic transistor
b. autonomic computing
d. brain-machine interface
4. This is a computer system that's designed so that in the event that a component fails, a backup component or procedure can immediately take its place without loss of service.
c. waterfall model
5. This type of information technology system can accomodate multiple remote computers and devices.
a. remote wakeup
b. distributed computing
d. parallel sysplex
6. This is the job title commonly given to the person in charge of a company's information technology and computers.
7. This is an administrative approach to systems management that establishes procedures in advance to deal with situations that are likely to occur.
a. partner relationship management
b. Environmental Resource Management
c. policy-based management
d. adaptive technology
8. This is a type calculation designed to help enterprise managers assess both the direct and indirect costs and benefits of an IT component.
c. RFM analysis
9. This provides remote offices or individual users the secure access to their organization's network.
10. This is a holistic approach to management that focuses on how a system's parts interrelate over time withing the context of larger systems.
b. systems thinking
Scroll down for Answer Key
Because quizzes are so much fun-go here for more!
Answer key: 1b; 2a; 3b; 4d; 5b; 6a; 7c; 8a; 9d; 10b
This Content Component encountered an error