|CMDB in the data center|
- CMDB: Choosing your vendor partner
Choosing a vendor for your CMDB requires planning and an understanding of your design concept. Expert Richard Ptak offers things to consider when taking on this project.
- CMDB project determination: Do we need a CMDB?
How does a company determine if they need a CMDB? Systems management expert Jasmine Noel offers suggestions.
- Expert offers roadmap for the ITIL data center
Alasdair Meldrum, European Program Director for the Uptime Institute literally wrote the book on the ITIL. In this Q&A, he offers a roadmap for the ITIL data center.
- CMDB success depends on autodiscovery, federation
Autodiscovery is the easiest way to populate the topology of a CMDB in large organizations. It's just a matter of figuring out where to begin.
- Get to know your data center with CMDB
Chances are good that your company is already using some form of a -- but you might not know it. A CMDB is a database that contains information about all components in a data center and the relationships between those components.
- Self discovering Infrastructure tools key to accurate CMDB
IT networks provide a competitive advantage for organizations. As the networks become more sophisticated, business can reap numerous benefits.
- Server configuration tools ease downtime
Early adopter IT shops and the big systems vendors are investing in configuration management software to alleviate downtime.