|CMDB in the data center|
- CMDB: Choosing your vendor partner
Choosing a vendor for your CMDB requires planning and an understanding of your design concept. Expert Richard Ptak offers things to consider when taking on this project.
- CMDB project determination: Do we need a CMDB?
How does a company determine if they need a CMDB? Systems management expert Jasmine Noel offers suggestions.
- Expert offers roadmap for the ITIL data center
Alasdair Meldrum, European Program Director for the Uptime Institute literally wrote the book on the ITIL. In this Q&A, he offers a roadmap for the ITIL data center.
- CMDB success depends on autodiscovery, federation
Autodiscovery is the easiest way to populate the topology of a CMDB in large organizations. It's just a matter of figuring out where to begin.
- Get to know your data center with CMDB
Chances are good that your company is already using some form of a -- but you might not know it. A CMDB is a database that contains information about all components in a data center and the relationships between those components.
- Self discovering Infrastructure tools key to accurate CMDB
IT networks provide a competitive advantage for organizations. As the networks become more sophisticated, business can reap numerous benefits.
- Server configuration tools ease downtime
Early adopter IT shops and the big systems vendors are investing in configuration management software to alleviate downtime.
Dig deeper on Configuration and change management tools