Negotiating a successful data center outsourcing arrangement
The following presentation was given at Data Center Decisions Spring 2005 in New
can be a way to save money, improve service and focus on your core business.
However, it can also be a way to increase costs, lose control of your company's central nervous
system and increase business risk. Structuring and negotiating the right outsourcing deal can make
In this session, Brad Peterson, Partner, Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP describes how you
- Identify the issues that make the difference between success and failure
- Align the service provider's incentives with your company's objectives
- Get the savings that your company expects
- Maintain control of critical processes, including those affecting Sarbanes-Oxley
- Position yourself to smoothly manage an outsourcing arrangement
View the presentation.
Check out our resources on Outsourcing.
This was first published in February 2008
Our Tips Exchange is a forum for you to share technical advice and expertise with your peers and to learn from other enterprise IT professionals. TechTarget provides the infrastructure to facilitate this sharing of information. However, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or validity of the material submitted. You agree that your use of the Ask The Expert services and your reliance on any questions, answers, information or other materials received through this Web site is at your own risk.