In order to maximize the effectiveness of your data center consolidation, a host of issues must be considered:
In short, planning is the key. The articles here take a closer look at some issues with and examples of data center consolidation. They not only present information about data center consolidation from a rhetorical perspective, they also explore what some institutions have done well, what can be done better, and what shouldn't be done at all.
Data center consolidation case studies
- U.S. Census reins in data center sprawl.
- University shrinks two data centers into one in 24 hours
- Monsanto scraps server sprawl
- Data center consolidation saves Oregon millions
Wisconsin: A state of consolidation
Data center consolidation advice
- Four mistakes to avoid during data center consolidation
- HP's data center consolidation provides management insights
- Consolidation and virtualization: The same, but different
- Are consolidation cost savings worth the effort?
- Consolidate painlessly and save money
This was first published in September 2006