At the recent AFCOM conference, attendees and experts were focused on energy efficiency, change management, ITIL and more. SearchDataCenter.com was there to bring you this AFCOM special report.
|AFCOM speaker coverage:|
- University of Pennsylvania builds ITIL from the ground up
Donna Manley, IT Sr. Director, Computer Operations within Information Systems and Computing at the Univ. of Pennsylvania discusses her experience implementing ITIL from scratch.
- At AFCOM, HP speaker plugs data center efficiency metrics
What you don't measure you don't know, said Christian Belady, a technologist at Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP), during the keynote address at AFCOM's Data Center World conference.
- Start data center documentation now, AFCOM speaker says
It's 3 a.m., you're fast asleep, and the generator in your 24/7 data center hits the skids. Do onsite employees know what to do without you holding their hands? If you have solid data center documentation, they do.
- Data center facilities managers are from Venus, IT pros are from Mars
Data center facilities and IT folks don't always get along too well. What can you do to form a more perfect union?
- Change and configuration management cut firm's downtime
State Street Corp., one of the largest financial firms in the country, implemented change and configuration management software and hasn't had any configuration-related downtime since.
- For good data center physical security, build a bunker
Data center physical security isn't just about keeping bad people out with biometrics and retinal scans. It's also about keeping out the fires, floods and hurricanes that can ravage your facility -- and your data.