HP offers BladeSystem service, consulting

HP's new blade server consulting service aims to help data center managers optimize their BladeSystem server deployments.

This Content Component encountered an error

Hewlett-Packard (HP) has introduced a new service for data center managers planning large blade deployments called HP Proactive Blade System Service.

More on blade servers:
HP adds blades to high performance computing portfolio

IBM puts blade workstation in the BladeCenter chassis
The $33,000, one year service pairs data center managers with HP blade experts who visit the data center to discuss issues and best practices. Recommendations may include changes, processes, toolsets and best practice techniques to help customers optimize HP BladeSystem technology as they adapt and grow.

"We saw the need for a service that would help customers optimize their blade deployments. Customers want to know best practices for blades before there is downtime," said Flynn Maloy, worldwide marketing manager, HP Technology Services.

The HP blade expert also makes periodic site visits and customers can choose one of six "deep dive" services to get help with, such as ITIL, virtualization, security, education or power and cooling.

"Blades get packed into a data center and can consume a lot of power, adding heat and the need for cooling. Our experts can help deploy blades correctly before there are any issues," Maloy said.

HP internal statistics show 20% of server downtime is caused by hardware failures. The other 80% is due to human factors, such as incorrect patch deployment or poor installation, Maloy said.

The service is now available globally and is meant for companies deploying over 50 blade enclosures, where process improvements can make a significant difference, Maloy said.

Users can get the service through HP channel partners and HP direct sales. The service covers HP BladeSystem blade servers, HP StorageWorks blades, blade enclosures, bladed networking and storage-area network devices, and HP management software.

Let us know what you think about the story; e-mail: Bridget Botelho, News Writer.

Dig deeper on Blade servers

Pro+

Features

Enjoy the benefits of Pro+ membership, learn more and join.

0 comments

Oldest 

Forgot Password?

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an email containing your password.

Your password has been sent to:

-ADS BY GOOGLE

SearchWindowsServer

SearchEnterpriseLinux

SearchServerVirtualization

SearchCloudComputing

Close