SearchDataCenter.com's Matt Stansberry sat down with Whatis.com's Alex Howard to discuss the top data center stories of 2006. On the menu in this audiocast are stories about metrics, mainframes, blades and power and cooling, to name a few. Download the MP3 and the accompanying slides to review what happened in 2006 on SearchDataCenter.com.
|Data center review of 2006:|
- Download MP3:
- Download slides
- (:40) What was the most popular story of the year?
- (3:14) How big were mainframes in 2006?
- (4:59) HP promotes blades, Dell downplays them.
- (5:54) Data center site location selection.
- (7:44) Are data centers going green?
- (12:35) Liquid cooling.
- (13:52) Wrap-up.
- Top ten data center stories of 2006: Here are SearchDatacenter.com's top ten data center stories of 2006, ranked by page view popularity.
- Data center vendor trends from Gartner's Data Center Conference: After recently attending the Gartner Data Center conference, I've put together some short notes on the vendors' wares on display.
- Mainframe year in review 2006: The mainframe experienced a lot of growth in the last year. This is a review of the stories, technologies and trends that shaped 2006, listed in chronological order.
- Gartner lists 10 technologies to watch in '07: Gartner Inc. research vice president Carl Claunch laid out the top 10 technologies to watch next year at the analyst firm's annual data center event.
- Data center prediction: trends and technologies for 2007: SearchDataCenter.com's site editor Matt Stansberry makes his own predictions for 2007 based on the top stories of 2006.