This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
2. - Meet the Advisory Board members: Read more in this section
Explore other sections in this guide:
Wayne Kernochan is the President of Infostructure Associates, an affiliate of Valley View Ventures, which aims to identify ways for businesses to "leverage information for innovation and competitive advantage." Wayne has been an IT industry analyst for 22 years. During that time, he has focused on key information-related technologies and ways to measure their effectiveness. Wayne has worked for firms such as Yankee Group, Aberdeen Group and Illuminata, and has helped to identify differentiation and craft marketing strategies based on competitive intelligence for vendors ranging from Progress Software to IBM. He has also performed extensive studies of the SMB market and produced buying guides for BI, databases, development tools and data virtualization solutions. Wayne is a columnist and writer for a wide range of publications and a frequent speaker at Webinars.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Wayne Kernochan
- How to shop columnar database appliances
- Not thinking about columnar databases? You should be
- Choosing between IBM's Netezza and DB2 BLU Acceleration
- You down with OLTP? Yeah, you know me
- IT efficiency vs. agility: Agile exploratory testing
- How to handle big data in enterprise IT environments
- Why won't the mainframe stay decently dead?
- The cloud implications of global crowdsourcing
- Existing architecture may not be right for 'big data'
- IBM DB2 10 upgrade a benefit for businesses
- Using agile development to boost mainframe performance
- Punch up database performance by reorganizing data
- Strategies for mainframe application modernization
- Do columnar databases have a future in the mainframe?
- An introduction to mainframe backup utilities
- BMC MainView, zIIP processors bolster The Principal
- Using ILM for mainframe disaster recovery
- Can the mainframe serve as an information security hub?
- The costs and risks of modernizing mainframe apps
- Roadmap to mainframe application modernization