Stephen J. Bigelow, Senior Technology Editor in the Data Center and Virtualization Media Group at TechTarget Inc., has more than 20 years of technical writing experience in the PC/technology industry. He holds a bachelor of science in electrical engineering, along with CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ and Server+ certifications and has written hundreds of articles and more than 15 feature books on computer troubleshooting, including Bigelow’s PC Hardware Desk Reference and Bigelow’s PC Hardware Annoyances. Follow Steve on Twitter (@Stephen_Bigelow) and LinkedIn.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Stephen J. Bigelow
- Adopting server automation in the data center
- Micro data centers put computing in smallest package possible
- A DevOps starter kit
- Curbing colocation costs
- A geography lesson for companies that outsource workloads
- Outsource to reduce IT equipment count, energy costs
- Essential steps for a more energy-efficient data center
- Matching a server management tool to the data center
- How are new solid-state devices altering storage tiering?
- Knowing when and how to update your server fleet
- Making the most of IT asset management
- What future server racks look like
- Memory voltage and server performance: It's complicated
- LRDIMMs and RDIMMs and UDIMMs -- Oh my!
- Should I choose server memory with advanced error features?
- Demystifying ITIL 2011 service management
- Server features that prevent failures
- Set up array-based snapshots to work smarter, not harder
- The flash memory proposition for data center storage
- Understanding CISC vs. RISC processors