Robert Crawford has been a systems programmer for 29 years. While specializing in CICS technical support he has also worked with VSAM, DB2, IMS and assorted other mainframe products. He has programmed in Assembler, Rexx, C, C++, PL/1 and COBOL. The latest phase in his career finds him an operations architect responsible for establishing mainframe strategy and direction for a large Insurance company. He lives and works with his family in south Texas.
Crawford is one of several regular contributors to SearchDataCenter's Advisory Board, a collection of experts working in a variety of roles across the IT industry.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Robert Crawford
- TSQ size limits
- LINK or XC LINK
- Using the MVS sockets interface to get TCP/IP traffic out of CICS
- Getting out of CICS via TCP/IP
- Implementing scrolling logic
- Trying to alter LU2 architecture pitch
- Investigating the possibility of CICS v2.2 as an EJB deployment
- Writing a GLUE exit program to the CICS system log
- Problems with GETMAIN release
- What is LU0 transaction?
- Measuring the CPU utilization of a C program
- Calling a batch subprogram from a CICS program
- When you don't use a map
- Tuning the logger
- Advice: Migrate to CICS Transaction Server 2.2
- WebSphere configuration and installation
- CPU increases
- AIX processing
- Brushing up on application programming
- Replacing the auto-journal archive function for logger