This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
2. - Experts on data centers and IT trends : Read more in this section
Explore other sections in this guide:
Robert Crawford has been a systems programmer for 29 years. While specializing in CICS technical support he has also worked with VSAM, DB2, IMS and assorted other mainframe products. He has programmed in Assembler, Rexx, C, C++, PL/1 and COBOL. The latest phase in his career finds him an operations architect responsible for establishing mainframe strategy and direction for a large Insurance company. He lives and works with his family in south Texas.
Crawford is one of several regular contributors to SearchDataCenter's Advisory Board, a collection of experts working in a variety of roles across the IT industry.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Robert Crawford
- NTS quirks and how to work around them
- To z/Linux or not to z/Linux
- Troubleshoot CICS commands on a conversational transaction
- Psst! Hey, kid! Wanna work on a mainframe?
- LE optimization options to trim mainframe CPU usage
- Data center identity management that works for everyone
- How to work with remote DL/1 on IBM mainframes
- Use CICS enqueue for thread-safe programming
- Saving money on IBM mainframe software usage
- A first look at IBM's CICS Transaction Gateway V9.0
- Lack of new tools, retirements put big iron in jeopardy
- IBM tweaks IMS database management tool
- CICS Transaction Server 5.1 reaches for the clouds
- Learn to use IBM's transaction execution facility
- Mainframe monitoring gets sophisticated with zAware
- Hands on with the new 'big iron,' IBM's zEC12 mainframe
- Use SLIP to stop mainframe bugs from sliding past
- SLIP into your mainframe debug comfort zone
- CICS app performance and design questions, Part 3
- How to update legacy mainframe assembler programs