Mark Zelden is an accomplished senior consultant with over 25 years experience providing solutions for corporate IT organizations. Mark is ITIL V3 certified and is an industry recognized leader in the OS/390 and z/OS operating environments and has a successful track record as a systems programmer and consultant with expertise in operating systems, JES, networking, system software installation and support, and technical applications support. He has also achieved success in mainframe performance and tuning, technology strategy and planning, and problem diagnosis and resolution. His positions have required both independent, hands-on involvement and project leadership and management, and his strengths include a solid technical foundation coupled with strong people and interpersonal skills. Mark has authored utility programs that have been included on the CBT tape, his own Web site Mark's MVS Utilities that is one of the most recommended sites in the industry, and several articles for Xephon's MVS Update magazine and TSO Times.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Mark Zelden
- Resolving a hanging IPL on an isolated mainframe LPAR
- Override a SYSIN DD DSN in the proc from the JCL?
- Troubleshooting mainframe to Linux FTP
- Is your z/OS problem a known vulnerability?
- Storage page/page fault
- FTP help
- TCP/IP problem
- Performance without high DASD usage
- Ethernet-converted printers
- Additional communication possibilities besides "dark fiber" and DWDM
- Batch FTP
- COBOL program that will run in z/OS and open in MS-Word
- Lost GDG
- Working with Telnet