Jim Schesvold is a president and owner of Best Customer Solutions Inc., a mainframe systems consulting firm.
Jim has seventeen years prior experience with IBM, specializing in technical support of database/data communications, and has been president of BCS Inc. for 13 years. Some other areas of Jim's expertise are CICS (S/390 and CICS e-business and Web servers; CICS/ESA; OS/390 and Netview to name a few). He is co-author of CICS Performance Guide and a graduate of the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire (MBA Univ. of Wisconsin, Oshkosh).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Jim Schesvold
- Has the DLL option changed in the new compiler?
- What mode is my DB operating in?
- Are z/OS 1.5 and OPC 2.3 compatible?
- HRECALL and DASD tapes
- Can you order DFSMSDSS without DFSMSHSM?
- Can FSHSM tape backups go directly to offsite tape drives?
- JES2 output problem when migrating from OS/390 V2.10 to z/OS V1.4
- OS/390 2.10 and z/OS 1.6 compatibility
- VSAM CISIZE setting override change in z/OS V1.3
- Is it possible in running OS/390 R6 and z/OS 1.4 in LPARs on a G5 machine?