This green data center e-book serves as an all-in-one guide to lead you through the process of creating an energy-efficient data center. You'll learn how to create a solid business case for a greener data center with in-depth coverage of power consumption trends in data centers, root causes of demand, why energy efficiency matters, ways to implement energy efficiency in data centers and metrics that measure green progress.
Chapters Available For Free Access
Today's average data center is 12 to 15 years old, reaching end of life, and unable to meet today's power demands. Studies show that data center ...
With energy consumption concerns mounting throughout data centers, IT departments have turned to solutions large and small to ease their power ...
Chillers, air handlers, power distribution, backup power—all these mechanical processes that keep servers running smoothly account for more than half...
Chapter 4 of the e-book, Green Data Center, picks up where the other previous chapters left off in the plan for going green in the data center. This...
Tips and Tutorials
- A data center migration checklist to mitigate risk
- What data center Tier levels can and cannot tell you about uptime
- Used servers live longer with virtualization, updates and support
- One company's rip-and-replace journey from cost cutting to better IT
- Scale up vs. scale out: Debate evolves over how to upgrade data centers
- Data center consolidation best practices: Lessons from the trenches
- IBM cloud efforts intensify as System z, Power hardware revenues tank
- Top 10 data center trends that shaped 2013
- 'Internet of Things' data deluge to impact data centers, IT market
- VCE updates converged infrastructure amid increased competition
More Premium Content Accessible For Free
Some enterprises are charging ahead with a cloud-first approach to their workloads -- not just test and dev, but production workloads as well. That ...
Disaster recovery is hard and expensive, based on the many enterprises with partial -- or no -- DR plans. But cloud computing is bringing DR to the ...
Data center cooling is one of the most common trouble spots for data center facilities managers; overheating servers and under-rated cooling systems ...