Data center services is a collective term for the supporting components necessary for the proper operation of a repository for storage, management and dissemination of data organized around a body of knowledge or pertaining to an enterprise. As such, data center services can involve hardware, software, processes and personnel.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Examples of data center services include:
- Hardware installation and maintenance
- Managed power distribution
- Backup power systems
- Data backup and archiving
- Managed load balancing
- Controlled Internet access
- Managed e-mail and messaging
- Managed user authentication and authorization
- Diverse firewalls and anti-malware programs
- Managed outsourcing
- Managed business continuance
- Continuous, efficient technical support.