This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
2. - Meet the Advisory Board members: Read more in this section
Explore other sections in this guide:
Clive Longbottom is the co-founder and service director at Quocirca and has been an ITC industry analyst for more than 15 years. Trained as a chemical engineer, he worked on anti-cancer drugs, car catalysts and fuel cells before moving in to IT. He has worked on many office automation projects, as well as Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, document management and knowledge management projects.
Contributions from Clive Longbottom
- More servers, fewer admins: Today's data center staffing model
- How to protect intellectual property with data management
- How to be the coolest data center on the block
- Why location is important for data centers
- The economics of IT lifecycle management
- High availability: Mirage, chimera or reality?
- Modular data center systems ahead for enterprise IT
- DCIM improvements that finesse data center planning
- DCIM's advantages for flexible data center planning
- Combining renewable resources for data center power
- Can a cryogenic cooler work with servers?
- New technology, trends to cool off the data center
- Colo with cloud services a boon for business
- UPS energy efficiency comes out from the shadows
- Building an expansion and expenditure case
- How to decide between capex and opex
- Should we bring CFD in from the cold?
- IT security is not full corporate security
- Can DC power rescue data center energy efficiency?
- Who gets to play with the UPS: Facilities or IT?