First non-CICS. OS/VS COBOL object programs are fully supported by IBM service if running under the Language Environment...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
run-time library instead of the OS/VS COBOL run time library. The OS/VS COBOL run time library went out of support years ago, but the old objects can run under LE just fine. For details about how to move from OS/VS COBOL run-time to LE run-time, see the COBOL Migration Guide, chapter 6.
By the way, we are discussing when to remove support for OS/VS COBOL programs from LE, but it is not in any plan yet.
Now for CICS, where the story gets much more interesting.
CICS TS 2.2
- Cannot translate OS/VS COBOL programs
- Must use COBOL3 translator option
- OS/VS COBOL programs under OS/VS COBOL runtime library may run, but unsupported with CICS TS 2.3
- OS/VS COBOL programs will run, but only if using LE
- Any attempts to initialize OS PL/I, OS/VS COBOL or VS COBOL II run times will result in ABEND
- All High-Level Language programs running under CICS must use LE CICS TS 3.1
- OS/VS COBOL programs will ABEND even if using LE!
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.