- Have you looked at a CICS trace to see what's happening during the calls? In general you should see an EXEC CICS LOAD followed by some getmains for LE storage.
- Does the called program have a large working storage section with a lot of initialized variables?
- What is your LE storage setting? Do you tell LE to clear all storage to zeros before invoking the program? You may be able to avoid this overhead if the program can work with "dirty" storage.
- What are your LE stack and heap settings? If they're set incorrectly you may incur extra overhead as LE has to get more storage.
- Are your LE runtime CSD module definitions up to date?
Dig deeper on Mainframe operating systems and management
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.