- Have you looked at a CICS trace to see what's happening during the calls? In general you should see an EXEC CICS LOAD followed by some getmains for LE storage.Step 2 of 2:
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- Does the called program have a large working storage section with a lot of initialized variables?
- What is your LE storage setting? Do you tell LE to clear all storage to zeros before invoking the program? You may be able to avoid this overhead if the program can work with "dirty" storage.
- What are your LE stack and heap settings? If they're set incorrectly you may incur extra overhead as LE has to get more storage.
- Are your LE runtime CSD module definitions up to date?
Dig Deeper on IBM system z and mainframe systems
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.